Gage Products Company has been recycling for 25 years, which means more than 100 million gallons of liquid organic materials has been safely recycled and remanufactured in our facility. We are committed to sustainability, which is why our products are designed, formulated, and manufactured with recycling as a priority.
There’s a common misconception that recycling is too expensive. Some might even believe it’s too time-consuming or won’t make a difference in the scheme of things. We whole-heartedly disagree.
First of all, recycling isn’t a one-size-fits-all term. At a consumer level, recycling is as easy as reusing glass jars or plastic containers, but at a manufacturing level, it’s a little more in-depth. Take paper, for example, which can be recycled into other paper or burned for fuel—it’s more cost effective to use it in a fire than repurpose it, but either way, the environment is satisfied you’re not cutting down extra trees. However, in almost every instance, it takes less energy to repurpose existing materials than making new products from raw materials.
Still don’t believe recycling is for you? Check out five statistics from Global Environment Services:
- The energy saved from recycling one glass bottle can run a 100-watt light bulb for four hours.
- The amount of recycled aluminum from 2012 could rebuild the entire world’s airplane commercial fleet every six months.
- The amount of wood and paper people in the U.S. threw away last year is enough to heat 50 million homes for two decades.
- Out of the 251 million tons of trash generated last year, only about 33 percent was recycled.
- The disposable forks, cups, and spoons thrown away in 2012 could circle the equator 300 times.
It’s clear there’s an earthly benefit to recycling, but most likely, you’re looking for a benefit for your company—and who isn’t? Many major brands already make money off of recycling, and your company can be next. Paying waste disposal companies to collect your trash isn’t cheap, and having a recycling program within your company cuts down on wastes. Plus, a majority of states offer a tax credit for recycling equipment and more customers are looking toward “green” companies for products, which means more money will be in your pocket while you make eco-friendly decisions.
Want more information on our award-winning recycling and sustainability solutions? Head over to our website.